Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birthday weekend Highs and Lows

Highs:
-going out to dinner with Dave Thursday night
-shopping for a new camera, although I haven't decided on one yet
-buying my first maternity shirts of the pregnancy
-coming home from Curves to the boys lined up at the top of the stairs, yelling "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" and giving me a homemade card
-having a relaxing morning reading the paper, doing Sudoku puzzles and snacking on Easter candy
-going out to lunch with mom and Kristen, outside on a beautiful day
-Dave bringing home Panda Express for dinner on Friday
-eating yummy black forest cake, made by Dave and the kids
-feeling baby's first kick
-planting our garden Saturday afternoon
-grilling tri-tip for dinner tonight - yum!
Lows:
-finding out that Crate and Barrel couldn't get the dresser I want delivered to their store in time for our stake temple day this past weekend; so I decided to cancel our trip and reschedule it for a time when they'll have it in stock; this turned out to be a high, since I really didn't want to spend my birthday busily getting ready for an overnight trip
-finding out that Brennan was poopy just as I was falling asleep for my afternoon nap; getting up to change him, only to discover he also had poopy hands; going to his room to investigate further, since he was supposed to be taking a nap, and finding poop on his floor, on Dallin's bed and on the window blinds. That was definitely my lowest birthday low. I think I'm ready to potty-train the little stinker.

1 comment:

Double D said...

Happy Birthday! Poop is always my low!! I'm glad the rest of your weekend went well...