Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jurassic Pack

The theme in cub scouts this month is dinosaurs, and I planned fun things for our den meeting yesterday. Unfortunately only 1 Wolf came (Spencer). We have a small group - a max of 4 ever come. I guess I really should have called everyone and reminded them we were back on after spring break. Anyway, it worked out because the Webelos leader didn't show up, so I took 2 and the Bears took 1 or 2. First we made fossil imprints. I made play dough and brought our big bin of dinosaurs. They used feet, bones, bugs and leaves to make the impressions. We tried to bake it while we were there, but they weren't hard by the time we had to leave. So I told them to just bake them at home or let them air dry.Then we made pipe cleaner dinosaurs.

Aren't they cute? Finally I sent them out while I hid dino eggs (i.e. Easter egg hunt). Some themes are just so fun.

3 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

I do the activity days for the girls and I love having fun ideas for them to work with.Often we craft something and they love doing that!

Emily said...

First off, Happy Birthday Hilary!!I hope you're busy doing something fun, and not too sick. Secondly, those are fun ideas. We just had our jurassic pack pack mtg on Tues., Andrew's birthday, and he got his arrow of light. Very exciting and weird that he's done with cub scouts now. I made a really cool plaque that I put all of his cub scout patches and awards on, as well as hooks down at the bottom to hang his arrow of light arrow on-it's really neat. Not my idea though; his webelos leader handed me the wood and told me to put it together by pack mtg, I'm still pretty proud of it, though.

Double D said...

You are such a great leader. I am so excited that Ethan can join your group soon!