Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tyler's 10!

Last Friday was Tyler's 10th birthday. First we celebrated with family on Sunday, as I mentioned in my last blog. He chose a vanilla cake with marshmallow frosting. I added raspberry filling for fun.

It was yummy, but the slippery marshmallow frosting didn't like getting decorated, and the border started to slide off. Oops!




Tyler's birthday was filled with yummy food, starting with donuts for breakfast.


Later we all met Dave at Nucci's after work for our favorite pizza.



Mmmmm......

We were going to play at a park down there, but it was too cold/windy. We were also going to drop off a thank-you card and chocolates at the pediatric unit at the hospital, but it was empty - no patients and no staff. I guess it's good that they didn't have any sick kids, but I was disappointed I couldn't visit the nurses. I actually miss them!

Then we came home for Oreo cupcakes. They were SO good. I put half an Oreo on the bottom, covered them with chocolate cake batter mixed with coarsely chopped Oreos, then topped them with cream cheese frosting mixed with Oreo crumbs. Yum!

Chloe wore her cupcake outfit for the occasion.


We've had fun playing with his birthday gifts all week: Wii Just Dance 3, Dominos, puzzles, knight toys, R/C truck and metalic engraving pictures. I also took him to the movie theater to see The Lorax. It was really cute, and I liked it better than I thought I would. Of course Tyler loved it. He's one of the easiest-to-please kids I know. Happy Birthday Tyler!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy big 10, Tyler! Double digits, wow!