Monday, April 23, 2012

Prom pictures

My nephews went to prom this weekend, and Kristen asked me to take pictures of them with their dates.

Jonathan asked a girl on his track team. She's one of 7 children in her family, which is really cool because big families aren't too common. 


Christopher asked a girl he met at a church dance. Her dad is the stake president in Santa Maria.



I loved taking these pictures because it's fun to photograph beautiful people! Plus I liked seeing everyone all dressed up.


I was really late getting to Christopher's pictures at 4:00 because I was at Avila beach with my family all afternoon. It was a beautiful warm day (the first nice weekend we've had in weeks), and apparently everyone in the county had the same idea because Avila was packed. 




Their prom was also in Avila Beach, and they went in big groups. This is their good friend Logan.


As you can see, he's a lot of fun!



I was going to take pictures of more couples (I knew a few more people from church), but they all jumped onto the limo bus too fast (not literally, of course - that would be tricky in heels and dresses) to get to their restaurant on time.


Jonathan's group took pictures at 6:30, and the lighting was beautiful.




Jonathan's date was super tall, and she was wearing 4" heels. It was funny because at one point a parent suggested taking pictures of the couples with their parents. I won't post it, but I have a picture of Kristen and Nathan with these two, and poor Kristen looks very short next to everyone!
  


Jonathan's group was bigger than Christopher's. I have a hard time taking pictures of this many people. I need a new lens!


I love back lit pictures!



They rented these limo buses, so they could all go together.


Some of them went to Kristen's house afterwards to watch a movie, and then they had to drive Christopher's date home (she lives an hour away, but I think they met her dad somewhere in the middle). They didn't get to bed until 5:00A.M., and they all looked pretty tired at church the next morning. But the boys looked super handsome blessing the sacrament in their tuxes!

2 comments:

kristen said...

thanks for taking and posting these Hilary!

Mrs Abbott said...

I love the lighting! So pretty!