Monday, April 16, 2012

Butterfly egg hunt


Brennan's TK (transitional kindergarten) class has been learning about butterflies, so they had a butterfly egg hunt on the last day of school before Easter. That's one clever teacher!


They had to find the eggs that had their names written on them. That way it was educational (reinforcing name recognition), and everyone got the same amount. Great idea!




Dave's family was visiting, so I left Levi and Chloe with them and went to take pictures. I had been stuck in the house with sick kids for two days, and it felt good to get out of the house. Brennan was off school for two days, and he was hoping and praying he'd be better in time for the party. He slept in until 9:45 that day and woke up feeling great. Yay!



We love Mrs. Root! And we're really bummed that the TK program will most likely be cut due to the state's budget woes. I wanted Levi to go there in a few years!!


Here's some of Brennan's class. That blonde kid sitting next to him is his hospital roommate. His mom and I shared a room when they were born!

They were allowed to eat one piece of candy when they got back to the classroom.


I feel like I've been such a terribly uninvolved mom this year! I usually try to volunteer on a regular basis or at least help out at classroom parties, but it's been too hard with Levi and being pregnant and such. Since I was alone this time I decided to stay a little longer.



They had free play and were able to choose whatever station they wanted. Brennan had fun showing me around.

TK is such a perfect mix of preschool and kindergarten. He has a lot of fun, and he has learned so much; he's totally ready for kindergarten now!

No comments: