Monday, October 3, 2011

Ball Wall


We sure enjoyed watching general conference this weekend. The boys played happily, occasionally coming in to listen. We also ate yummy food and celebrated Levi's birthday. Between Saturday sessions we walked over to the school to ride bikes/scooters and play ball wall. (Look how flat that ball looks! It wasn't actually flat - just hit the ground hard. Pretty cool)



I had never actually played it or even watched someone else play it, though I do get the ball wall report from Tyler every day after school. It's his favorite thing to do at recess, and he also likes to play it with Dave for their date nights.


It used to be one of Spencer's favorite things to do at recess too. But now he's in middle school, and everyone is boring and walks around talking and acting all cool during recess.



I love this cute picture of Dallin! He doesn't like to play ball wall. He's still into chasing and being chased by girls at recess. I get that report after school too. In fact I hear more about recess than anything academic.



I even played a game with Dave! It was a lot of fun. This is not the best picture of me, since my face is washed out in the direct sun and I have a double chin taken from this angle, but it's better than all the lunging-for-the-ball pictures Spencer captured. By the way, I am now wearing maternity clothes. I grew out of all my regular pants last week. I did laundry, and when I took my jeans out of the dryer, none of them fit. I'm 19 weeks along, and my ultrasound is on Friday!



I pushed Levi (and Brennan when he got tired of riding his scooter) in the stroller. Between that and playing ball wall, I got enough excercise to wear me out for the day.

Brennan comes home every day telling me all the rules the kids are breaking at recess. I didn't think he was much of a rule kid, but when he gets to school, he is the perfect student.

More about Levi's fun birthday to follow.

1 comment:

Sonian said...

I used to love playing handball (what we called ball wall) in elementary school. Was pretty good too, perhaps because it was very difficult to hit it over my head or get it past my long arms. Used to beat nearly everyone except a short hispanic kid who would always hit a tiny low hit right near the wall, hard to lunge down that far. Good memories of handball, fun to see the nephews enjoying it.