Friday, October 7, 2011

Hello, baby!

I had my ultrasound today. I love those! In fact I don't feel pregnant until I get the ultrasound. Oh sure, I'm gaining weight and I feel the occasional flutter that could either be a kick or a gas bubble. But it doesn't seem real until I actually see that little baby in there, looking so cute and perfect and moving all around.


This time we took Tyler and Dallin with us, since Spencer got to go to Levi's. They were SO excited. They loved spotting the vertebrae and heart valves. It really is so cool. These 3D images are better than ones I've gotten before. It doesn't look quite so alien-like. We love this one - sucking the fist and holding the ear. Reminds me of Levi.



My ob/gyn doctor sends all her patients to the high risk doctors for their ultrasounds, where the actual doctors perform the ultrasound instead of a tech. I like it better because he can tell us right then and there that everything looks good, instead of having to wait for the films to be interpreted later by a doctor. Anyway, when we told him we have 5 boys, he said this one is probably a boy too. But as soon as he put the wand on my belly, he said, "I don't believe it. It's a girl!" We asked him if he was sure, and he proceeded to point out girl parts, saying, "It doesn't get any girlier than that." What a wonderful surprise!

4 comments:

Missa said...

Those are amazing pictures. We are so excited for you!

Mrs Abbott said...

Congratulations!! I love those 3D ultrasounds! We have never had one! I may have to buy something pink now!

Barbara said...

I was hoping it would be a girl because it is such a sweet thought that this little girl will be fawned over and protected by her thirteen male brothers and cousins. We are just so happy for you all :)

Jen said...

Congrats Hilary!!!! So exciting. I love those 3D Ultrasound, those are so amazing!