Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Two!

Two is Levi's favorite number. In fact he's been telling people he's 2 for quite awhile now. Whenever I say 1, he says 2. When I ask him how many he wants of something, he always answers "2!" When we went shopping for his presents, Brennan was telling everyone they were for his birthday, at which point Levi piped in, "I'm two!"



We went with a truck theme, since he LOVES trucks. Whenever we're driving somewhere, he points out all the trucks along the way. Even if they're actually golf carts or vans. He loves to play with trucks and push them all around the house making diesel sounds. I couldn't find any truck wrapping paper, so I bought generic striped brown paper, cut out pictures of trucks from the internet and taped them on. How cute is that?



The cake was totally easy - three layers of cake with chocolate icing and oreo crumb dirt and construction trucks on top. I baked the cakes the night before, and when I had my back turned, Levi took a big handful out of the middle layer as they were cooling. But that's okay. It's a construction site, so I put a truck there as if it was digging that part out. I decorated the cake after he went to bed, and when he woke up the next morning, he was SO excited about it. He ran into our bedroom, yelling, "Cake! Cake! Trucks! Cake!" Yeah, we chose the right theme.


My parents and Kristen's family came over for dinner and such Sunday after conference. It was so hard for my kids to wait that long. Perhaps we should have a lunch birthday party next time.

We had spaghetti - one of his favorite foods.



We got trick candles, so he got to blow them out a few times. After cake he opened presents and played happily 'till bedtime. My parents gave him a remote control fire truck. He was afraid of it at first because it kept following him around. But as long as I was holding him safely out of harm's way, he was fine. It's not scary any more, and it's so cute to watch him push the buttons on the remote. His cousins gave him a Sit & Spin, which he loves to dramatically fall off of. We got him a big truck with buttons and sounds (he loves it) and a stuffed lion. He's loved lions ever since we saw them at the zoo. He says, "Wion!" followed by a very throaty roar. Then he hugs it and kisses it. OH, how I love this kid!!

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Happy Birthday, Levi! Boys are so fun!

Jen said...

How great to have a birthday of the things you love most. Of course it helps to be so transparent about the things you love.