Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas morning

Christmas started very early for us - around 5:40.

My kids are very clear about what they want for Christmas. In fact they tell us and Santa over and over, just in case we've missed their not-so-subtle hints. Then they point them out in adds when they go on sale. So perhaps Spencer wasn't surprised to get the Nerf Vulcan, but he was still super happy about it.

24 Slinky's - that outta last him a little while. It's the main thing he wanted for Christmas.


Tyler's favorite gift of the day.


Yes, they all have footed pajamas. They were always jealous of Levi's & Brennan's, so I bought them some a few weeks ago. They were thrilled.

The boys used to love giving each other roller coaster rides in the backyard with our old wheelbarrow before it fell apart, so Santa brought them a new one.


Dave got an awesome jersey from his parents to wear when he plays hockey with Spencer. I got them tickets to see a Capitals/Sharks game in San Jose, which they are way excited about; but I suggested he not wear his jersey b/c it could be dangerous. Don't you think?
Clone Wars light saber game from grandma & grandpa. One of the few gifts he hadn't actually asked for, so he was very pleasantly surprised.

One of the few pictures of me. I was having too much fun with my new camera to remember to give it to someone else.
Frog and Toad are Dallin's favorite books in the world. He's read them all several times, but he was always sad when they were due back at the library.
Levi slept in and missed most of Christmas morning. In fact we were just about done opening presents by the time he woke up. It was actually kind of nice.

I made this apron/chef's hat for Brennan. I thought it would be so simple, but it took me like 3 nights. Perhaps I was tired and had a hard time understanding the very brief directions. Plus I had to undo several mistakes. That's how sewing tends to go for me, but I still love it.


This is my favorite picture of the whole day. It makes me laugh.

Levi started to get the hang of it once he woke up all the way.
Yay, Backyardigan toys!

We spent the whole day in our jammies, playing our new Wii games and all our toys. It really is the best day of the year.

Dave, callibrating the telescope we got from Kristen & Nathan.


I love Christmas, and it's always such a let-down when it's over. Now back to reality.

3 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

so fun! What good presents for each of the boys! That nerf gun is intense and the wii star wars is something my boys would love! I love the wickless candles! And the telescope! Awesome!

Missa said...

You know, we got up on Christmas morning around 9am and I told Aaron, "You realize, of course, that ALL of your family is already up and have opened their presents." Funny, but true. I think except for the Demarcos, we were the last ones to open presents. I love your kids Christmas morning expressions. So fun!

mom said...

Oh it would be a shame if he doesn't wear his jersey to the game. Do you really think it would be dangerous?
Are you afraid he will be the only one there in a Caps jersey?