Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action!

Brennan had his acting debut in a video about the KoolSpoon, invented by my brother-in-law Troy. My actor brother Ben was the writer/director/producer.

My nephews Christopher and Jonathan did the filming and editing. The rest of us were just along for the ride. It was great fun.
The whole idea is that the soup is too hot, so Brennan has to use all kinds of things to cool it down. The leaf blower seriously blew the soup everywhere. Luckily we were prepared with sheets covering the carpet.


My favorite may have been the liquid nitrogen. Talk about mad science!


Finally he got to spray a fire extinguisher. I told him I was jealous because I've never done it. His response: "It was fun!!" We were so proud of our little actor. He did what they asked him to do over and over again. Although towards the end he started saying, "I don't think this is a good idea." He was calm and very matter-of-fact about his tasks, which makes it just so funny. As soon as I can figure it out I'll put the video on here. Every time I try to do it the computer shuts down.

5 comments:

Missa said...

That sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to see it.

Ellen said...

So cute! I find for posting videos, it works better to post them on youtube and just embed it on the blog.

kristen said...

i believe there are three different versions of the video on facebook on christopher's account. one is 5 minutes, one is 2 1/2, and one is just under 2.

Mrs Abbott said...

It was so funny! Josh and I were cracking up and he showed it to a few people at work who thought it was hilarious! We think it will go viral if it goes on youtube. Putting it on youtube is the way to go! Maybe I'll look into it.

Anonymous said...

We've watched the videos a million times and aren't tired of them yet. We LOVE them! Brennan is stinking cute, and Ben's really funny, too. Troy used the 2 min. one in his presentation for a business competition on Saturday, and it was very well received. We will be putting them on Youtube and Troy's KoolSpoon website, so they'll be available. Thank you guys so much!
Emily