Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas photo shoot

I had just gotten my new camera, and I needed to take some pictures of the kids quick so I could order our Christmas cards. However it rained for about a month straight, and I really wanted outdoor shots. So one Sunday afternoon, when I was in the middle of baking cookies to take to our bishop for tithing settlement, I looked out the window and noticed it had stopped raining and that the lighting was beautiful - a little cloudy, a little sunny. So I ran around getting kids dressed and hair combed and faces washed, woke Levi up from his 5 hour Sunday nap (church wears him out), and took the pictures quick, before the kids got too muddy. I ordered the cards from Costco the next day (super cheap - $20 for 75) and got myself 1 step closer to being ready for Christmas. Anyway, here are my favorites from that whirlwind photo shoot:

This one had my favorite smiles (they were laughing at Dave, who was standing behind me being super silly with a Santa hat and a singing toy), but it looked too busy with all the lavender and leaves all around. In fact there was a sprig of lavender covering Tyler's face, but I photoshopped it out.

This is a typical goofy Dallin face, but it has my favorite lighting of the bunch.


Spencer is always so photogenic. Perfect smile every time.



I love this face!!


Most of Tyler's were very silly, but this one was pretty normal.



It was hard to catch Levi because he wouldn't hold still.


This was just 1 week before Dallin lost his 3 front teeth.


This one had my favorite background, but the faces were too blurry, Tyler was too slumped over and Dallin was too low.


The winner! I liked the soft lighting and simple background so the kids are the focus.

No comments: