Monday, June 15, 2009

Saying Good-bye

Saturday was our last day at Aspen Grove. After breakfast we went back to our cabins to pack up.
Every time we hiked to and from our cabin, Brennan had to throw a rock or stick into the water.

The boys had fun walking up the cabin roof.

Then we all gatherered for hugs and good-byes. Here's my Grandpa with his 4 children - Marilyn, Judy (my mom), Michael and Ron.

Every family got a picture with grandpa.

We stood around visiting for a long time, no one wanting to leave. Then grandpa gave a closing prayer and we all sang Love One Another. This was our 3rd family reunion at Aspen Grove, and it has been so important for us to get together with everyone. I don't know when the next reunion will be, but I hope we can keep it going. We also need to have a reunion with my dad's family. I haven't even met all my cousins on that side, which is even bigger.
We stayed with Grandmother Renee in St. George Saturday night. She's my dad's step-mother, and the boys always enjoy staying with her because she's such an amazing hostess. She taught kindergarten for many years, and she has fun toys, stories, candy jars, hot tub and books for them to take home. Her daughter lives behind her, and they share an amazing backyard - pond, sport court, pool, trampoline, sand box and lots of riding toys and playgrounds. Then we drove the rest of the way home on Sunday. I think it's taken me a full week to recover from our trip.

No comments: