Saturday, November 22, 2008

The movie we've all been waiting for

My wonderful husband took me to see Twilight last night. I bought the tickets in the morning, which is good because both theaters were sold out by that evening. It started out a bit doubtful (lots of narrating, which I think is a cheating way of telling a story in a movie) and cheesy acting, but I liked it more and more as it went on.The casting in this movie was awesome. All the Cullens were great (except Jasper - we couldn't help but laugh whenever we saw him. I know he was supposed to be in pain, but he just looked constipated). I also really liked her high school friends Jessica and Angela. Mike could have been better-looking and Eric didn't look or act anything like I imagined, but he sure was fun. One of my favorite supporting actors in the movie was Bella's dad. He was cute and had a few really funny lines.
Although neither of the 2 main characters were quite how I imagined them as I read the book, I still really liked them both, and they worked great together. Edward started out on the scary/moody side, but as they got together he cheered up and got much less frightening.
Okay, so he's still a vampire and wants to drink Bella's blood, but Oh! how that makes him more appealing. Don't ask me why, it just does. I LOVED the vampire aspect of the movie - seeing it on the screen was so much more vivid than the book - especially when she's researching vampires online. That part was just awesome. And Dave actually enjoyed the movie too. He liked the action and the cinematography. It was a great date movie. I can't wait to see how they do the 2nd book with the wolves and Italian vampires. They better hurry up, too, because of course Edward has to stay 17.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I agree with you about Jasper, I couldn't help but laugh too. The only time he was normal was playing baseball, which I think was my favorite scene with all the characters!! I loved Emmett, they got his character PERFECT!!! Of course there were things I was disappointed in but overall I thought they did really well telling the story. I wonder if they are going to have to recast Jacob cuz there is no way that the guy playing him now is anywhere near the shape or size that Jacob becomes in New Moon. I'm excited about it though!!!

Double D said...

I cannot wait for the next movie. This movie started slow for me...a little low budget feeling. Thankfully the last half was great. I love the suspense about the vampires. I think we can all agree Edward is HOT!