Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Chloe!

Chloe turned ONE last week! This was my first time making fondant, and I loved how it turned out.


 



When she woke up from her morning nap, we had everything all set up for her party. She totally knew something exciting was going on.
 
 
We had my family over for lunch - all finger foods.
 
We had flower and butterfly-shaped sandwiches, hot dogs, deviled eggs,
 
And fruit with dip. Seriously, this is the easiest, yummiest stuff! I forgot to buy marshmallow cream, so I had to make it. That made this a little less easy, but still not too bad.

 She has the best birthday - right after Valentine's Day, so all the candy is on sale.

 She even kept her party hat on for a little bit!

After lunch she opened presents. She really enjoyed pulling things out of gift bags. 

 She loves her super soft bunny from Kristen! She hugs it all the time. It's so cute!

I love how animated she was about all her presents!
 
This is one adored little girl.
 
 Daddy gave her a little help blowing out her candle. I love that Braden was holding her - so sweet!

 She ate her cake super fast. Luckily I managed to get a few pictures.

I made strawberry cake because it's pink. Then I doctored it up with some tips I saw on Pinterest: use butter instead of oil, doubling the amount; use milk instead of water; add an extra egg. It made it really moist and dense - more like homemade.



Then someone turned on her new bubble machine from grandma. That was a hit!

I love this picture!
 
She played happily all day. Brothers and cousins took turns pushing her around in her new riding toy. She LOVES it! And isn't she cute in her new ladybug outfit from Kristen? It's so flouncy and fun.

4 comments:

Missa said...

What a cutie! I'm glad her cake turned out so cute. Hannah is making a fondant for her birthday. It should be really neat.

Mrs Abbott said...

Hilary, she is so adorable- you'll have to watch out when she gets older! Happy Birthday, sweet Chloe!

Anonymous said...

Where to begin...what a sweet little party! I've read through all the fun recipe links; thanks for including them. I always gave my 1-yr-olds a riding toy like Chloe's, & they're really good for helping them with their walking. And now I want to make a fondant cake! Emily

Unknown said...

It's so fun to see Chole having a good time and being adored and adorable. I love her froofroo party dress, and her new ladybug dress, too. Also, that's so helpful to get a recipe for marshmallow fluff, so thanks for that.