Thursday, May 31, 2012

San Miguel Mission

We are just about done our end-of-the-school-year craziness - projects, tests and open houses. 

Along with all fourth graders in California, Tyler learned about the missions this year. We went to the San Miguel mission over spring break, and he made a scrapbook about it for his mission project.

It rained a ton over spring break, but we managed to find a nice day to go. Kristen met us there with her four youngest kids.

Tyler did an awesome job on his scrapbook. He had the idea of painting the paper light brown to make it look old.

Dave's mom enjoyed attending mass here when she was visiting.


Tyler lost his camera about 6 months ago, and then Noah found it in the couch cushions while he was here. Tyler has been taking pictures & video constantly ever since.

I love looking at really old stuff and imagining what life was like back then. I think that's one reason I like to go there so much.

This is one of Tyler's favorite pictures - the homemade candles with the cracked wall. Looks like Halloween.

 The oven almost swallowed Tyler on our way through.

 Cousins rock! Levi was being a pill and wouldn't get in the picture.

There are so many cool picture places there. This is way more interesting to me than building a model of a mission, which is what most of the kids in his class did. Good choice, Tyler!

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

I had to do a report on a California mission when I was in 4th grade too! I'm pretty sure I made a replica of it with sugar cubes. So did all of my sisters. So fun!

Mary Kay said...

Chloe is so cute. Your mission pictures are really good, we enjoyed our visits to several of the California missions on our California Trip last fall.