Monday, May 14, 2012

Chloe's Blessing

We blessed Chloe last week. I didn't even think about getting a dress until I happened to see one in a fancy children's clothing store downtown a few weeks before she was born. I absolutely loved it, but it cost $75! That seemed pricey for any dress, let alone one that would be worn only a couple of hours. So I looked online for another one I liked, and I found this vintage one on Etsy for just $10. That seemed way more reasonable.

My friend made her this adorable gold flower hair band, and I thought it looked perfect with the dress. We wore matching pearl bracelets.

Dave gave a beautiful blessing, with my dad and Nathan standing in the circle. If we had waited another month Christopher could have helped too, but we didn't think of that until later. Dallin just came outside to see what we were doing after sacrament meeting, so he popped into the picture too.

She looked like a little angel, and she didn't make a peep.

What I love about this dress is that it's so simple (my style), but has sweet little details: cute sleeves, pleats and embroidery around the collar. And the material is so shear and soft.


I can't get enough of those big bright eyes and sweet smiles!

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

So cute! The dress is adorable! I love etsy! They have cute hair things too! What a great day!

Boo said...

It sounds like a perfect day. I like waiting until my babies are a couple of months old for their blessings, just so they stay calm longer. Glad Chloe was so good for you.