Thursday, May 10, 2012

Panda Palooza

 
Our school (the Pandas) had a carnival a couple Fridays ago. I usually try to avoid those kinds of things (especially on date night), but my boys were really excited about it. I figured I could just drop them off and briefly check it out, but I was so impressed that I ended up staying there the whole time.


I was just going to send Tyler and Dallin, but when I got there I knew Brennan would love it. So I ran home and got him too. He was thrilled!





I bought them each a piece of pizza, and then as we were leaving the PTA people talked us into buying a whole pizza for $5 because they had a bunch left over.

The wristbands were $5 ($7 at the door) and covered all the games.


Tyler's teeth are blue from the cotton candy.


There was a live band (the parents of a boy in Dallin's grade are in it), and that just made the whole thing feel fun.

One of their favorite games was Nerf shooting. This would make a great birthday party game.

There were a bunch of cans with little toys on them, and they had to shoot them off.


Another very popular game was Angry Birds, but my boys didn't play it because the line was always too long. It involved cardboard boxes, stuffed pigs and balls with bird features painted on them. That would be another fun party game. 

My boys had so much fun! My friend Nancy is the PTA president, and she does such an amazing job with all the school activities. They're looking for a new PTA president for next year. I just can't do this kind of thing, but I'm very impressed by people who can.

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

Fun! Our school had a carnival too! I'll have to post pictures from it! Ours even had a dunk the teacher booth (for $3 a teacher!)