Monday, December 26, 2011

Holiday Baking

When I went to my 30 week appointment last week, my doctor told me I weighed 7 lbs less than I did at the same point of my last pregnancy. That was a pleasant surprise, since I have really enjoyed my holiday baking this year. People always ask me if I have strange cravings when I'm pregnant, and I don't think I do. I just like to eat sweets even more than usual.






I did a lot of the baking when the boys were in school, such as the truffles (4 batches this year - 2 almond, 1 mint and 1 raspberry). But they like to help cut out sugar cookies and make fudge, so I did those when they were home.





The marshmallow cream is everyone's favorite part of making fudge. What a mess! I was just happy I didn't have to do that part.

Brennan and Dallin, meticulously weighing out the chocolate chips.









Unfortunately I was having so much fun taking pictures of them breaking up the chocolate bars and such that I didn't notice the sugar and evaporated milk boiling over on the stove. It still turned out tasting delicious, but it was a little softer than usual. I also burned 2 pans of sugar cookies and unknowingly baked with slightly rancid oil, so that my 3C bread and molasses cookies weren't as good as usual. I guess I'm not quite on my game when I'm 7 months pregnant. But we had a lot of fun caroling and handing out plates of cookies to 14 families in 3 nights. Actually we didn't sing to our neighbors the 3rd night because I was pooped, so we just sent the boys out to drop them off.

No comments: