Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cute Makayla

My sister Maryruth and her family came from Idaho to spend Christmas with my parents. I had so much fun taking pictures of her cute baby Makayla with my new prime lens Dave gave me for Christmas.



Adorable Christmas dress and hat!!




I love the lens's narrow depth-of-field and ability to handle low-light conditions. It's a 50mm 1.8D prime lens, which means it has a fixed focal length (i.e. no zoom). It's great for portraits and other up-close pictures. It was the first present I opened Christmas morning so I could use it right away. I'll post those pictures next.





We finally got a smile! She was so fascinated by the ornaments that it was hard to pull her attention away from the tree.



But her mommy was being so funny next to me that she just started cracking up. We love this cute baby!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

What. A. Doll!
I don't know what all the technical description of your new lens means, but I sure like the results.