Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Tech

We went to the science museum in San Jose called The Tech over spring break. My sister's family went there a couple months ago and told us we'd love it. We did.
Our admission tickets (which were only $10 - I thought that was totally reasonable) included 1 Imax movie. There were 4 to choose from, but naturally my boys chose Under the Sea. It was the best Imax theater I've seen. In fact it's the largest one west of the Mississippi. And the sound system was awesome. Too bad Levi started screaming about 5 minutes into it and I had to watch it from the back corner until he finally fell asleep.

The museum was all fun hands-on stuff. Here's Dave in the jet pack.
Brennan composing music.

Tyler perfecting his graffiti skills.

They tilted the table all around to move the digital ball in this cool Labyrinth game.

They grew bacteria in jellyfish DNA. They felt all scientific in their goggles and gloves.


It took 24 hours for their bacteria to grow, but they could look it up online the next day.

Here's Spencer and me in front of the body heat sensor.

We didn't get to see everything there, since we had to go to Cheesecake Factory before we got too tired and cranky.

1 comment:

Double D said...

That place looks amazing... I think we will have to make a trip there.