Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Panda Fun Run. What an oxymoron.

Last week was the Panda Fun Run fundraiser at school. Here's their principal, Mr. Peterson, looking all festive. Lucky for me the grades with my kids in them were all in a row, so I just hung out at the school for a couple hours to watch. Tyler was so happy running - every time I saw him he had a huge smile on his face. And he never stopped for water. As Dallin told his cousin Eric when he got there, "They try to give you water to slow you down. But you can't take it - you just gotta keep running."
Afterwards they ate Rice Krispy Treats. Brennnan was so happy they let him have one too. He and I ran around together once, but he started crying halfway around and I had to carry him the rest of the way.
Spencer ran with intensity. And he ran the whole time without stopping too.

Here's his class afterwards.

Finally it was Dallin's turn. After watching his brothers run (which was before his kindergarten class started), he thought it looked easy. He dashed out in front and stayed there for the first lap. But he looked so surprised when it started to get hard. Every time he looked like he wanted to slow down he'd get a look of total willpower and press forward. That's one determined kid.

I think it's such a great fundraiser for the school, and the kids really get into it. Spencer & Tyler are all excited to be in the Taco Bell track meet next month. But when I asked Dallin if he wanted to do it, he said, "No way. You know I don't like to race."

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I found your posts on a google search trying to improve this year's fun run. Looks fun enough! Thanks for posting!