Friday, September 25, 2009

Bunk Beds

Sorry for the long absence of blogs. What can I say - I've been otherwise preoccupied. Between weekly doctor appointments, Christmas shopping, scrubbing kitchen cabinets and napping, my schedule is packed. Plus I haven't been taking pictures, and that's usually my starting off point.
Last Saturday we were busy doing projects around the house (well actually Dave was doing the projects while I was sitting with my feet up and reading - have I mentioned recently how much I love my husband?), when our neighbor asked us if we wanted to buy their bunk beds. We knew we wanted another set for Dallin and Brennan at some point so we'd have room for a crib in there; but we were leary, since it took us months to find ones we liked for Spencer and Tyler's room a few years ago. We went over to look at them to be neighborly, and we ended up loving them. In fact they're a lot like the ones we already have, but they have this cool L-shaped loft thing going on. I like being able to sit on the bottom bunk to read bedtime books and help Brennan say his prayers without having to duck my head. Plus they came with a dresser, very nice mattresses and 2 end tables. So we bought them and spent the rest of the day moving everything around, reorganizing and cleaning. Their room looks so much more official now, as opposed to Dallin's old brass day bed (which someone gave us and we appreciated, but still, it wasn't very little boy room-like), and a toddler bed. It's now everyone's favorite place to play.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Those do look nice. But I don't understand the part about scrubbing kitchen cabinets. What does that mean?

Hilary said...

i guess it's nesting, but i've been noticing all the things i've been neglecting over the past few years and feeling a major need to do it right now. one day i happened to see how dirty the lower kitchen cabinets were and spent the next hour or two on my hands and knees scrubbing them. they look fabulous now.

Boo said...

One pregnancy I scrubbed all the shelves in the cupboards. One time I dusted all our crystal. This last time I felt the urge to launder everything made of cloth. Dominic, at first confused by the nesting instinct, now laughs. For every pregnancy I've increased how much I bake, which he really enjoys.

Boo said...

Oh yeah, and the bunk beds look great. Congratulations on the good deal.