Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back to School

The boys headed back to school this week, and it's been wonderful. Sometimes I feel a little guilty about liking it so much, but I wasn't the only one. They were all very excited to go, and they love their classes/teachers. As Spencer was telling me about his teacher the first day, he exclaimed, "I can't wait to go back tomorrow!" I always ask them about their day when they get home from school, and their response is always the same: "Awesome!"
We're the Pandas, so we get to have this fun mascot in the front of the school.
Dallin started kindergarten, and he LOVES it! No tears, no extra hugs - just a big smile and wave good-bye. There were, however, lots of other kids and parents crying. First-timers. Actually the one I had crying was Brennan. "I wanna go to school! I don't wanna go home!" he screamed each day as we dropped Dallin off. So we did some fun things like story time at the library with cousins, shopping (he loves to shop), and out to lunch with Dave. Everything is so much easier with just one kid.
.
Funny Brennan story: he's into dressing up as a "bad guy" these days. So the other day he had a sword and was telling me "I cut off your arm! I cut off your leg! I cut off your penis!" I said, "But Brennan, mommy doesn't have a penis. Only boys have a penis, and I'm a girl." He looked all confused and asked, "What you got, then?"

1 comment:

Jen said...

That Brennan--I forget sometimes how little boys can be so innocently gruesome. And I have to say, Dallin looks too excited for words.