Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Vacation, Part II: Lots of Visiting

On Saturday we went to the Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C. with my brother Josh and his family. We watched the Imax movie about the sun, and my high school friend Sonia met us there. It was a fun but soggy day - Hurricane Hannah was going through. I haven't seen that much rain since we moved to California. In fact I think they had as much rain in that one day as we get in a whole year here. Dave's family got together Sunday afternoon at his parents' house in WV, and we managed to get all the cousins to hold still long enough for a picture. Eight out of the nine siblings were there. Oldest to youngest from left to right: Alicia, Kevin, Dave, Christine, Thomas, Mary, Patrick and Elizabeth.We went out to lunch with his sister Kat on Monday.Then we went to Wilson's Wild Animal Park in Winchester, VA.The boys had fun feeding animals, except when Tyler's whole arm got in the zebra's mouth. Luckily he got it out before it bit down.
Then we drove back to Josh's house on the way to the airport and the kids got to play together again. My cousin Mary came over too.

Asher is sure a happy guy. I love his smile - he looks just like Elizabeth.

We were also able to stop by my high school friend Bridget's house. It was another rainy day, but it stopped raining long enough for the boys to play in her beautiful backyard with her little boy.

So now we're back home and recovering. Dallin started preschool today, Brennan's getting over his cold he picked up on the trip, and I'm finally caught up on sleep and laundry. As fun as it is to go away, it's always nice to get back home.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh how fun! Those are such beautiful pictures. I think it's really important to make sure the kids get a chance to be friends with as many of their cousins as possible, and looks like that was mission accomplished!

Mandy said...

I'm so glad you're home. I was starting to worry and miss your daily posts! Hilary, you look so beautiful in all of these pictures - and what a great trip! Welcome Home!

Hilary said...

thanks mandy - i wouldn't mind more blogs from you too!