Monday, April 4, 2016

Chloe's 4!

Chloe turned 4 in February, and she was SO excited about her birthday!


We chose a cat theme for her party, since she loves pretending to be a cat. All the time! The cake was super simple. I just made a 2-layer round strawberry cake and covered it with squiggly dots to look like fur. The ears are graham crackers. Chocolate chips, pink melting disc and icing complete the look. Thank you Pinterest!

We invited a few church friends over for her first friend party. It was a very busy day (as most Saturdays are), but we managed to squeeze it in between stake women's conference and the Melodrama. I put my boys in charge of all the games, which they were thrilled about. They played parachute as guests arrived. 

I made them all cat ear headbands. They chose their colors, and I hot glued little felt squares onto cheap headbands. Super easy.

 This baby's cuteness just kills me!

Then they did 4-legged cat races up and down the hall.

Dallin made the track out of tape. Levi told me, "I'm going to race with the little kids, but I'll make sure they beat me." Very considerate!

 They drank strawberry milk from bowls, just like cats. 




I love how excited Skylar was for Chloe to open her present! 



We spent the rest of the time playing outside. It was a beautiful day! The next 2 Saturdays were rainy and cold, so we really lucked out.


 Skylar, James and Jordan. 

 Sienna

 Avery had just woken up from her nap. So cute!

  

After awhile they got brave enough to try the zip line.

They loved it!

When the party was just about over, Dallin took the kids on a treasure hunt to find the treat bags. He had cute little clues all over the house with paw prints. Those boys really get into our birthday parties, which really helps me out! 

On Chloe's actual birthday, we had family over for cake and presents. She loved helping me make the cake - strawberry with strawberry frosting. For breakfast I made her pancakes with homemade strawberry syrup. It was super yummy!
  





She spent birthday money on Frozen toys. It's amazing how many things Chloe can do, now that she's 4 - she reminds me of this all the time. She is very independent and wants to do everything herself. She loves to bake, go to the park, climb trees, hold Spencer's snake, shop, dress up like princesses and super heroes (especially Batman), play with her brothers, go to preschool (she wishes she could go every day), watch Justin Time and Bo on the Go,  and read books. She has a huge imagination and plays well by herself, which is good, because Levi has all-day Kinder. She loves set-ups with lots of little pieces, like Littlest Pet Shop and little dolls and accessories. She loves her pink "fuzzy blanket" she received from one of Dave's patients when she was in the hospital as a baby - she needs it to sleep and when she's sad. She is overall much less cranky than she was a year ago, but she still has her moments. Mornings are especially rough - I can relate there. She loves to go fast (she always tells me to drive faster), and on our recent trip back East, she said that take-off and landing are her 2 favorite things about flying. Watch out world, here comes Chloe!

No comments: