Thursday, December 10, 2015

Pumpkin patches

I need to hurry up and finish my Halloween blogs before we get to Christmas! We went to Avila Barn on Columbus Day, since the kids were off school.  


It was one of the most relaxing trips we've had there. We had plenty of time to walk around and take pictures. 

 Everyone gets to pick a pile of pumpkins for their picture. I love the variety.



A couple of people offered to take our picture for us so I could be in it (but they all turned out a little blurry). Anyway, they all commented afterwards that they couldn't believe how well everyone cooperated and held still and smiled. Yea, I've got them well-trained. 

Dave was able to get off work a little early and meet us there. He's so handsome! 

We took the hayride out to the pumpkin patch. It wasn't too crowded, which made us happy because last year it was packed. I think we went a little earlier in the day this year. 

That's not a pumpkin, Spencer.

                     Wow Levi, you're strong!




I was trying to find a picture of the two of us recently, and I couldn't believe how few we have. So I have made a conscious effort to take more. It helps that Spencer is a great photographer. 

Chloe went back to Avila Barn a few days later with her preschool. It was her first field trip and first school bus ride. She was beyond excited!

The next week I took the three youngest to a different pumpkin patch for Brennan's cub scout activity. 

 It's such a beautiful place, with lots of great photo spots. I love this one.



Then we did the corn maze, which has a map and a bunch of characters to find. Each one has a letter to help you decode a message. It's pretty much the same every year, but they like it. 


I don't know if it's because of the drought or something, but the cornstalks were extremely short this year. But the kids are all pretty short, so it didn't matter to them. 

No boring poses with my kids. 

No comments: