Sunday, February 15, 2015

Rock Climbing with cousins

As I mentioned in my last blog, we went rock climbing with my brother and his family when they came to visit at Christmas. Hannah had gone once before, but I think it was the first time for everyone else. 

Caleb was the most excited to try it - he went first. Marrisse's parents came to CA with them, and her dad wanted to go rock climbing too. Marrisse and her mom and brother went to the embarcadero instead. 

We started them on the easier climb, and both Hannah and Maggie went right up, no problem.

 
They were such naturals, I was surprised they didn't want to go again. That meant more climb time for everyone else, so that made my boys happy.

Sophie wasn't so sure about the whole thing, but at least she tried it.

Aaron went straight to the harder one, and he was able to get to the top! He thought he was stuck about halfway up, but those who had already done it were able to talk him past the crux.

It was nice having extra adults there to help belay - it can do it, but I'd rather take pictures. 

Pause for pictures.

Look ma, no hands!

This is one of my favorite places to take repelling pictures because I can climb up another way and surround them with blue sky.  These ones are awesome!

I bribed Chloe with candy to go potty behind a bush, because of course there were no bathrooms nearby. She spent the rest of the time saying, "I pee on a rock, get candy!"

He's such a fun dad!  



 Brennan's rock climbing skills are taking off! He got to the top of the hard one!!

1 comment:

Missa said...

Thanks for taking such fun pictures. I'm sorry I missed it.