Sunday, February 1, 2015

Christmas Morning

Patiently waiting to go out into the living room Christmas morning....sooo excited!


Look, 8 matching stockings! I finally finished making the last 2 stockings this year! I made the first 6 before Levi was born, but I bought enough material to make a couple more. In retrospect, I totally should have just made them all at the same time! Then I accidentally used some of the saved material for some other project, so I didn't have quite enough red fabric to make the last 2 stockings. I searched for more, but no one had the exact same kind (or anything remotely close enough).  Who knew that red flannel could be so difficult? I put it off year after year. This year I was determined to finish! I found some close enough at a fabric store; I put that on the back side of the last 2 stockings and used the reserved fabric on the fronts so they can all match. Major accomplishment!




Dallin has enjoyed his Kindle, and Chloe loves her new kitchen. She plays with it all the time! Whenever she sees pictures of Santa, she says, "Santa -  my kitchen!" She especially likes to make dinner and dessert, and she says all the sounds (running water, beeps, clicks) - it's really cute. Santa did a great job with this one!



 Brennan said his favorite Christmas gift was silver putty in his stocking.

The boys all picked names again this year. It's always fun to see what they come up for each other.



Tyler was intrigued by the extreme weight of his gift. Dallin gave him a 15 lb weight!

Spencer and Tyler also got little gifts for everyone with their own money. I loved being able to do that when I was a kid.

Spencer and Tyler made a really fun book for Dave about his life. It's Dr. Seuss-style with Spencer as author and Tyler as illustrator. They had so much fun working on it together (it took them 3 whole days while Dave was at work), and it turned out super cute! 

Chloe literally screamed when she opened her Elsa doll.  



One thing I love about Christmas morning pictures are the facial expressions. Here are a few classics...





 One of the few pictures of me. They're all blurry :)



The boys love to make movies.

We had a wonderful, fun, lazy day playing with presents. There's nothing better!

No comments: