Thursday, June 12, 2014

I'm on top of the world, eh?

I went through the GoPro videos and found some good pictures. Most of us wore the GoPro on our helmets, so a lot of it looks like this.

Every once in awhile the camera would slip down and you can see the climber too. Here's Brennan.

Starting up the easier climb.


Remember when Tyler took a breather and looked around? This is what he saw.

Here's the top of Tyler's first climb. The red rope is called webbing, and it connects to the top anchor.  

Repelling back down.


Tyler going up his second climb.

Spencer getting ready for his first climb. He started out with the camera on his wrist, but it bugged him.

So he switched it to his helmet.

Awesome repelling shadow.

Hi, Dallin! I loved that we were able to have 2 climbers up at a time. 

It was pretty hot by the time I went up. Look how sweaty my hands were! It's a good thing the sandstone was so easy to grip.

Dave wore the GoPro on his wrist. His pictures were awesome!!


Then Spencer tried it on his wrist again. Way cool.

Here's the top of the hard climb.


I had so much fun watching these videos. Everyone kinda talks to themselves when they're all alone with the camera up there. Spencer was cracking jokes and singing "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons. I complained about there not being any handholds and how scared I was to lean back at the top. Dallin said the funniest thing all day: "It's a good thing I'm not a big fat guy or this would be really difficult!"  Some cried while others yelled up tons of encouragement. Whenever one of us got back down, Chloe yelled, "You did it!" Such a fun family activity!

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's awesome! How fun to listen in on people's internal dialog. Love the "Emperor" reference, Dallin.