Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Watch out! It's April First.

I was hoping the boys wouldn't realize today was April 1st. No luck. Tyler's been planning things for 3 months, and he and Spencer were running around until late last night getting things set up for this morning. I did give them some ground rules this year, though. No food in the bedrooms (they were planning something with honey), no markers on faces, no wasting large amounts of food, and nothing too messy. They did a great job.

 I knew better than to pick up that cup. It was upside-down, halfway filled with water.

This is the lamp Spencer referred to in his instructions. Here he's demonstrating its blinding effects on people as they emerge from their bedrooms. Levi was not amused.

You don't notice the duct tape until you're already sitting down. Clever.

They warned me about this one, and I still fell for it. Twice! Tape around the sprayer, so when you turn on the sink, it automatically sprays you. Luckily it was rotated slightly, so it sprayed the counter instead of me.

 Mouse not working? Turn it around - that explains it.

Googly eyes everywhere. They're just funny.



This was one of my favorites: switching everything in the drawers, so now the silverware is in the stationary drawer and the pens/pencils are in the silverware drawer. Other tricks they did: covering the garage door sensor with tape, so it wouldn't close; switching the contents of the Wheat Thins and Honeycomb boxes; building a fort of blankets around Levi's bed. So as you can see, it was just fun stuff, nothing too crazy. The day's not over yet, though. I bet Dallin and Brennan will want to get back at them after school!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun bunch!--Barbi

Jen said...

Those boys are too clever! I think the googly eyes are just the right speed for me and my house. I'll have to remember that next year.

Hannah Abbott said...

to be honest i didn't even know it was april fools till 9:00 that night.