Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Los Angeles

I better step it up with these blogs if I hope to finish Halloween before Christmas! I missed these pictures when I blogged Levi's birthday. We went to the temple back in August, right before school started. We went with my nephew Christopher before he left on his mission.

We took all the kids down the night before and rented a temple apartment. It was a good trip.

We were able to go to 3 temples (Oakland, L.A., and Fresno) in 2 months. That's a lot for us, since they're all so far away. There is such an incredible, peaceful feeling there, and it really puts my life into perspective. Distractions of the world disappear, and I am better able to focus on what's really important in life: strengthening my family and living the gospel of Jesus Christ. What else matters?

Dave and I took turns going to the temple and watching the kids. While I was in the temple with Kristen, Nathan and Christopher (it was his first time), Dave took the kids on a hike up to the Hollywood sign. Apparently it was hot and dry!



I thought they'd be able to walk around the sign, but apparently this is as close as they could get.

They ran out of water, and they were all hot and exhausted by the end. Levi was even too sad to be in the picture. It reminds me of going too long between temple trips - we become spiritually thirsty! Pretty good, eh?

No comments: