Friday, July 5, 2013

Family Reunion: Wednesday

We went to Star Farms on Wednesday, and it was our favorite activity of the week. Not to toot my own horn, but it was my idea. The church youth group has a big activity there once a year, and I was surprised by how inexpensive it was to rent for the day - just $300. It's a little tropical paradise in San Miguel, surrounded by alfalfa fields and vineyards.
 
The kids literally swam and kayaked ALL day long.


There were several hammocks set up among the palm trees.

We ate lunch when we first got there, and then we snacked straight through to dinner - Dave grilled hamburgers and hot dogs.
 
We took our kayak, and there were a couple already there. I love that this place is so well-equipped for fun!

 
Aaron was in charge of the music, of course. The system was in the cabana, and there were speakers all over. There was also a kitchen with fridges and such.

 A little in-ground trampoline.

 The menfolk played horseshoes and this other fun block-throwing game called Kubb.

Some of us mostly relaxed in the shade and visited. It was heavenly.
 
I loved how private it was. My uncle Michael and his wife Yvonne came up for the day also.

We all got a little sun. Good thing we got the family pictures taken the first day.

The kids had fun jumping off the diving platform.

Too bad we had to leave just as the lighting got perfect for pictures. I ran around taking pictures at the end.

Love this!

Sometimes I don't realize how beautiful people's eyes are until I edit their pictures. Gorgeous!

Such cute girls!
Levi had a lot of fun, but he was pretty attached to me. In fact he stayed close by the whole reunion. I think he was a little overwhelmed by all the people.

I'm glad Jen and Uche took lots of pictures too. It's hard to get everyone and every activity. Goodness knows I tried!

I love that little smirk Brian makes when I take his picture. What a cutie!

I think we wore out dad. Both he and mom went home for naps, too. That was nice being so close by.

I may have gone a little overboard with the seventy's action on these edits, but it just seemed to fit.








I took so many pictures it was hard to decide which ones to put in the blog, but I'll send the complete file to everyone in the family.

4 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Yay! Thanks for taking such lovely pictures and for editing them too! They are wonderful!

Jen said...

I love how your pictures really show how fun it was!

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El Niño Y Tu Pilin

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El Niño Y Tu Pilin Si Tiene