Friday, September 16, 2011

Movie Reviews

I'd like to draw your attention to my newly updated movie reviews to the right. Apparently I hadn't reviewed any new movies since April, so there are quite a few of them. We don't watch movies that often, but after 5 months, they really add up. I really should do it more frequently, because my memory was a bit fuzzy on some of them. Since Netflix upped their prices, we went from 2 movies at a time to just 1 in order to keep our cost the same. I didn't mind though, since I was running out of ones I wanted to see. Plus we don't have as much time to watch movies now that school is back in session. If you have seen a good movie, new or old, please let me know. I am always looking for suggestions.





Let me just tell you one of my little movie cover pet peaves. I don't like it when the names at the top (you know, of the main actors in the movie) don't match up with the pictures below it. I understand that they like to put the most popular actors first, but they should align the picture accordingly. In the above example, it looks like Angelina Jolie is Johnny Depp and visa versa. Isn't that annoying?






As you can see, this one is much better. They line up just right. But poor Hailee Steinfeld, who did an excellent job and had a bigger roll than the 2 guys on the right, isn't even listed. Also annoying. Okay, I feel better now. Maybe Hollywood will read my blog and realize their mistake.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

It only really bugs me when the names and picture don't line up of I don't know the actors.

Jen said...

I so agree about the poster thing. Is it really that hard to match up the names with the people? We only get two movies per month, so our queue is hugely long.

kristen said...

You'll have to watch all of Megamind. Our whole family thought it was hilarious. --Nathan