Thursday, September 1, 2011

End of summer


We spent our last day of summer vacation at the beach. Lots of other people had the same idea, because it was pretty crowded. But that's okay - it's a big beach.


Levi the climber. We had to hold onto him pretty close, to make sure he didn't go over the edge. This kid scares me.


It was pretty foggy and chilly. It's been hovering around 100 the past 2 weeks, so it felt pretty good.




I love the contrasting colors of the water, seaweed and bird in this picture. I'm glad Spencer asked me to take it. I wouldn't let him lean over the edge with my camera to take pictures, so I told him to point out things he wanted pictures of.


Heading back to the beach.

The boys put wetsuits on and went boogie boarding. But the waves were pretty small, so they mostly played in the sand instead.


Of course you can't build anything in the sand without lots of water.








After a couple hours we grilled hamburgers for dinner. Then we went home and collapsed. The beach is a lot of fun, but it wears us out!

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

I love the picture with the seagull and the ocean! I love pictures of little boys in wet suits too- so cute!