Monday, August 15, 2011

Unexpected family reunion


Right after Dallin's birthday party, my dad called to tell me my grandpa Wight died. We knew he didn't have much time left on earth, but it was still a shock. The following week was a big family reunion. All of my siblings were able to come (minus a couple of spouses and cousins), as well as lots of extended family. Even my great uncle Juan drove in from southern Utah with a couple of his sons. It was so good to spend time with all these wonderful people. We met at various parks to play and eat together.


We didn't think we'd get to hang out in Morro Bay with the Smalleys so soon. What a treat!



Here's my cousin Teri's little guy, Zachary. What a cute, happy baby! We enjoyed having her family stay with us one night.


Her daughter Katie is such a mother hen. Whenever I didn't know where Levi was, I'd find her retrieving him.


The recycled tires at Cuesta park turned everyone's hands and feet black.




Ben used his summer camp leadership skills to organize some fun games of tag with a twist.


There were bunches of kids playing, and they had such a great time.





Even Levi got into it.


They did rock/scissors/paper whenever they tagged each other at the same time.





Maryruth's family drove here from Idaho and arrived right after the funeral. But we were glad we got to see them for a couple days and meet cute little Makayla.


A bunch of the boys cought frogs in the creek at Sinsheimer park.









3 comments:

Missa said...

How do you always get such super cute pictures?! I am so jealous. I love the one of Katrina.

Hilary said...

thank-you! i focused my camera on katrina's face, then i called her name and snapped the picture as soon as she looked up at me. she's so cute!

Jen said...

I really like the running pictures, too. So much energy.