Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Last visit


A few weeks ago we went down to SLO for dentist appointments. I figured as long as we were down there we should do something fun. First we went to Cuesta park for a picnic lunch. But when we got there I realized that I forgot to pack the peanut butter (I didn't have time to make the sandwiches before we left), so we went to my parents' house to borrow theirs. I'm so glad we did. We ended up staying and visiting with them for a couple hours. We got to see my grandpa Wight while he ate his lunch. He was alert and really happy to see the boys, as usual. Two days later he passed away. I'm grateful we were able to have that last visit with him.




After we left their house we went over to Cal Poly to see the horses. We hadn't done that in years. We even thought to pack baby carrots to feed them.


We wanted to see more animals, so we drove over to Avila Barn for all the usual activities - we played with toys, ate samples, saw animals and bought a yummy snack for the way home.


We left around dinner time and started to head home when we saw big electronic signs reporting an accident on the grade. So we went home the long way and met Dave in Morro Bay for fish & chips. It was a fun but exhausting day. I could barely keep my eyes open those last few miles. I collapsed on the couch and slept for 2 hours.

No comments: