Tuesday, May 3, 2011

SLO



On Tuesday we headed down to the lovely town of San Luis Obispo. We started out at Barnes and Noble, since we don't have any good bookstores in our town. Spencer and Tyler both had money, so they each bought a book.

After the bookstore I passed out gum as we walked over to Bubblegum Ally. I don't think Dave was with us the other times we'd been there, and he was pretty grossed out. We couldn't stay long, because Brennan kept getting too close to the walls.

Of course you have to put gum on the walls when you go there. It's a rule.


Then we walked over to the mission. Spencer's been wanting to go there ever since he learned about the California missions in school last year.

I have a picture of me and Dave sitting on this same well after we got married. It rained on our wedding day, so we came here later to take outdoor wedding pictures.



Afterwards we went to my parents' house for lunch. Then we tried to put Levi down for a nap, but my mom said he never did fall asleep. Pill.


The main thing we wanted to do in SLO was swim at Sinsheimer pool, which was open for recreational swim during spring break. It's huge, and the kids love the diving boards. I'm not a big pool person, but this is by far my favorite pool to go to.
That's mostly because of the toddler/therapy pool. I found this picture online, and it's not very good. The little pool (which is actually quite big) starts at 1' and goes up to 4' with 3 roped off sections and shade over the middle section. But the best part of all is that it's heated to 80 degrees! It feels so good, and I never want to get out. It was actually warm enough for Dave, who likes pools even less than I do because he always thinks they're too cold.


Afterwards we went back to my parents' house to change clothes and order pizza from Nucci's, my favorite pizza place. Then we went to Madonna Inn for dessert. The boys have been wanting to go back ever since my sister Emily took them there last year and Tyler had to stay home sick. Ironically, they seated us in a booth that says "Sutter Mill." That's the actual town we were going to stay in for our gold country vacation! Crazy. Of course the boys had to check out the men's bathrooms, which are famous. They have big rustic rock walls to pee on. I didn't go in this time, since it was kinda crowded. They also wanted to see the pink dining room. The food's okay, but mostly it's just a fun place to visit.

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

So fun!!! I loved going to the Mission too!