Thursday, March 10, 2011

Space Exhibit

We recently went down to the children's museum in SLO to check out their new space exhibit. Apparently it's a traveling exhibit and will only be there for a few months. They had dress-ups, a space shuttle and mission control. My boys spent a long time playing there before moving on to the rest of the museum.
Spencer is growing out of the imaginative play stage, but my middle 3 are really, really into it. They make up scenarios that goes on for days, with lots of dress-ups and props involved. I love it. But Spencer used to rain on their parade by telling them why things are not realistic or could never happen. He doesn't do it as much anymore, probably because I made a big stink about it. In fact he's really getting too big for children's museums, since they're all about imaginative play. He was trying to talk everyone into leaving and walking over to the San Luis Mission. They wouldn't go for it.

It took all of my attention to know where Levi was the whole time. He was on the go, getting into everything and running to get there. It's a good thing the other boys can handle themselves, because this kid kept me busy.

Pretty cool dress-ups.

As you can see, they're floating in space.

I managed to get this picture of Spencer before a grumpy worker came over and told us to stop climbing.

No comments: