Thursday, December 9, 2010

Arrg! Look who's 4!

Can you believe our little Thanksgiving baby is now 4 years old? I remember how miserably overdue I was that year, wishing I was in the hospital being induced rather than eating turkey. But he eventually did arrive (he was my latest baby), and now every year we celebrate his birthday on Thanksgiving. This year Brennan is really into the Backyardigans, which is a cute, imaginative cartoon with lots of singing and dancing. There was no way I was going to attempt to draw the characters with icing, so I printed them out, covered them with contact paper, and stuck them in the cake with toothpicks. Brennan LOVED his cake. He still talks about it. He knew he wanted a pirate ship cake (since there is at least one pirate episode), and I really liked how it turned out. Yay for Google images.


After our Thanksgiving feast we had a pinata. He has been telling me for months that he wanted one for his birthday. I even planned ahead and bought Halloween candy on clearance. Sometimes I really am on top of things. Too bad it's not as often as I'd like. As you can see he is dressed as a pirate.

Dallin was dressed like a pilgrim. Have I mentioned how much my kids like to dress up?


Whenever we get together with Kristen's family, it's an instant party. They went from youngest to oldest, and the parrot was falling apart nicely by the time we got to Alec and Braden.

It was nice to have dessert options - cake and pies. We just sorta nibbled on them the rest of the day. Happy 4th birthday Brennan! I'm so thankful you got to have a regular cake this year, with milk and flour and eggs. It really does taste much better than rice and soy

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's a cool cake! I like the 3-d thing it's got going on.