Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tidepooling

Some of my family came for part II of Ben's wedding, and we had fun hanging out with them all week. One day we went on a walk along the bluffs.

But we all stopped to watch a rattlesnake. This created a lot of excitement, as you can imagine.

I love this hike because there are so many beautiful views along the way.
No one fell, so that was good.

When we reached a beach access, everyone ran down to explore.

It was super low tide, and there was a huge area of tidepools, teaming with life.

This was definitely the highlight of the day. It was even cooler than the rattlesnake.


Sea anenomes, crabs, sea stars, sea urchins - it was awesome.












It was hard to pull ourselves away. But people were starving at this point, so we had to hurry home for dinner.

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

Awesome! I remember going to tide pools when I was little in California and each one was a treasure trove full of little magical creatures. My favorite thing was to poke the anemones and see them shrink at my touch. Wow!