Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tyler's baptism

3 Nephi 11:38 And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and be baptized in my name, and become as a little child, or ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.
Tyler was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints last Saturday, May 1st. We've spent the last few family home evenings preparing him for this big step.

He was so excited, literally bouncing off the walls. Then he didn't want to get out of the water. He tried to start swimming around until we let him know that wasn't really appropriate. Plus there was a little girl waiting to get baptized after him. Then while he was changing out of his wet clothes he told Dave he felt "warm and peaceful inside."

My parents were able to come up for the baptism, and Tyler asked my mom to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. Unfortunately Kristen and Ellen were still in Utah, but the rest of their families were there. Afterwards Dallin said, "Now I want to get baptized. I thought it would be scary, but after seeing Tyler do it, I want to do it too."

1 comment:

Missa said...

Congratulations Tyler! I'm glad that you were so excited about such a big step. It sounds like a great day.