Friday, May 28, 2010

Bubblegum Alley

I bravely took the kids downtown last weekend. Brave because Dave couldn't go, so it was just me, making sure everyone crossed streets together and didn't get lost between stores. And brave because Brennan had MORE tummy problems and even threw up while we were walking down Higuera St. But it was okay because I got an extra bag at Barnes and Noble when he first started feeling sick (he had gone 4 1/2 days without any problems, so I really did think he was over it). Then we went to Bubblegum Alley. My boys have always wanted to go there. They loved it! First they all chewed gum and put it on the wall. You just have to do that when you go there, so it's a good thing I had some in my purse. Then they ran up and down the alley, taking pictures and looking at cool designs and money and wrappers stuck in old gum.

Even Levi thinks it's yucky!

Spencer having a zen moment. That morning was the Taco Bell track meet (note his shirt) and primary activity at church, so it was a very full day. I knew Dave would be busy getting ready for the seminary Family Feud activity he was in charge of, and I had felt stuck in the house with Brennan on and off for weeks, so I had to get out and do something.

In fact it was such a busy day that Tyler won the class contest of who could write the most sentences about their weekend. He wrote 15 sentences - the next highest was 9. Here he is pretending to eat gum off the wall. Don't worry, it's just a leaf. And he didn't eat it.

Brennan's zen moment. Thankfully he felt fine after his incident and was able to enjoy the rest of our day, which included Avila Barn and beach. I have since taken him to the doctor, who ordered a bunch of tests. Brennan's all excited to poop in the cup. But he hasn't had any problems since, so we're not sure if we need to do them still or not.

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

I've been to the bubblegum wall and I think it's just gross! But, I'll probably bring my kids to it when we visit this summer- boys love gross things like that! I love the bubblegum A near Brennan on the last picture and did someone even spell their name in gum? Gross!