Wednesday, February 3, 2010

We've been to the zoo, zoo, zoo...

Dave had a meeting in Santa Barbara last Saturday night (during an EFY dance), so we decided to make a family day of it and go to the zoo.

We spent a long time watching the gorillas. They always put on a good show.

Why is there such a huge difference in head size with this camera? I mean I know Dallin has a slightly larger head that Tyler, and he's a little closer to the camera, but come on. I think it might be the wide-angle lens that does it.It seems simple enough, but the boys LOVED sliding down this AstroTurf hill on cardboard in the play area. They did this for the longest time.
I told them now we don't need to go to the snow this year.
The kids were so determined to ride this silly train. But when we first got there the line for it was super long, so we decided to look at some animals first. They kept asking and asking when we were going to ride the train, until finally I just wanted to get it over with so we could enjoy the rest of our visit. I waited in the 40 minute line and called them when I was close.
Levi did great all day. He pretty much slept in the stroller the whole time, except when we took him out to go on the train.

I love how this elephant looks like it's just kickin' back with its foot up. They are such funny animals.
As we were leaving we kept passing workers who were putting the birds away for the night. It was a fun, relaxing day. After dinner I drove the boys home while Dave stayed for the meeting - then he drove a bunch of youth home in Kristen's 15 passenger van, getting in around 12:30. Thank goodness for Sunday afternoon naps.

No comments: