Sunday, December 6, 2009

Decorating the tree

We decorated the tree Saturday. We tried to do it first thing in the morning, but we realized there were too many burned out colored lights and fuses and Dave had to run to the store to buy more. By the time he got back it was time to take Dallin to a birthday party. Then Dave left to play paintball with some guys from church (his first time, and he loved it). By the time he got back the kids were really itching to get going, and we had just enough time to get it done before Dave and I left for a Christmas party that night.
We'll see if Brennan can keep his hands off the ornaments this year. Last year was tough - there were several broken glass balls by the end of the season.

Levi reminds me so much of baby Spencer in this picture. I think it's the head shape that does it. This is a 3-6 mos outfit I just got out of storage, and the shirt barely fits, dang it.

Brennan's turn to put the star on this year.

"That star is crooked!" How can you not quote that movie a million times over the holidays?

The great thing is that I don't have to do anything. I just let the kids do it all while I take pictures. Someone once told me that his mom used to rearrange all the ornaments after they'd worked so hard to decorate the tree, and it made him feel bad; I've decided not to do that. Plus I find that I really don't care that much how it looks.
I did suggest they put the bigger ornaments towards the bottom and the smaller ones towards the top and not put too many on one branch. They did an awesome job.

I love watching how excited they get about all the ornaments - recalling where each one came from, who made what and lots of "I remember this one!" and "I love this one!"
Tyler lost one front tooth Friday night, and his mouth just looked so funny with the other one hanging on by a thread there in the middle.

So thank goodness the other one came out during church today. What great timing - now he can sing All I Want For Christmas is my Two Front Teeth.

1 comment:

Judy and Lloyd Abbott said...

We'll probably get a tree next Monday when Ben returns from school. I've noticed that the houses with Christmas lights in our neighborhood have children--the others are dark. Christmas and family--wonderful combination--dad.