Monday, November 23, 2009

11 years

We celebrated our 11th anniversary by taking a little trip down the coast. Our anniversary is actually next week, but with Thanksgiving and Brennan's birthday, it'll be a busy weekend. Plus this past Saturday was our stake temple day, and we decided to combine both trips. Dave took off work Friday, and we left right after getting the kids off to school and Brennan over to Kristen's house. First we stopped for lunch at Olive Garden and Christmas shopping at Toys R Us. My uncle recommend this great hotel in Ventura - it's literally right on the beach, and we had a great view from our balcony.
Of course Levi came along. He did great in the car, but he was pretty fussy the rest of the time. I think he has colic, because he's been crying more and more. I guess he doesn't just look like Dallin - he's got his personality too, since he was just like this as a baby. Oh boy!! We got there in time to watch the sun set, and then we ate dinner at a great restaurant on the pier. After dinner we drove to huge outlets in Camarillo - another great recommendation from my uncle. I could have spent hours there, but it was getting late and Levi was cranky, so we just went to a couple stores. We both got a pair of Rockport shoes. I'll have to plan another trip there when Levi's old enough to leave home and I'm back down to my prepregnancy size so I can do some serious shopping. Saturday morning after breakfast (an amazing buffet at the hotel that even had eggs benedict), we walked along the boardwalk enjoying the beautiful day and watching the surfers. Then we checked out of the hotel and drove an hour down to the L.A. temple. They had some young women babysitting at the apartments, so I joined Dave for sealings after his session. What a wonderful way to celebrate our anniversary.