Friday, July 31, 2009

We're Off!

We drove down to Los Angeles Saturday morning to attend our Stake Temple Day. Kristen and Ellen and co. went too, so Christopher and Jonathan were able to watch all the kids at the temple apartments. It was wonderful to be together with everyone in the temple, and we had to laugh as we remembered that time when mom accidentally flushed her locker key down the toilet before changing and worried the bus would leave without her.

Then we stayed in the temple apartments that night (after eating at Cheesecake Factory for dinner - yum!). The next morning we walked around the temple grounds and attended church at the chapel across the parking lot.

I never realize how fat my face has gotten during pregnancy until I see pictures of myself. Yikes.
Then we packed up and drove about 2 hours down to San Diego. We stayed at an amazing hotel called Estancia La Jolla Hotel And Spa that we got super cheap through Priceline. I like to stay in nice places but I don't like to spend a lot of money. It's a bit of a gamble to name your price and see what you get, and I was disappointed that we didn't get the same place as last time with the amazing view of Sea World and the harbor; but I ended up LOVING this hotel. The decor was gorgeous, the pool was amazing, and it was close to great beaches. I was a little worried that people would be snotty (I read reviews that it was not a kid-friendly hotel), but everyone there was SO nice to us. I find that people are simply amazed that we have four boys and just have to ask if we know the gender of our next one. Of course it helps that we have such cute, well-behaved boys - most of the time. We certainly attract a lot of attention wherever we go, and thankfully it was all positive attention.

No comments: