Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We've actually had some weather here

(see the little white streaks? that's the hail)
We've had more weather here in the past week than we've had in a year. First it just rained on and off for days, which is great because we keep hearing how dry this winter has been (seriously, they say that every year). Then things really got exciting with hail on Saturday. It only lasted a few minutes, but we got the boys out of their bath in time to see it (they had been playing out in the mud). Then Dave said it snowed on his way to work Monday; it wasn't sticking to the road, but snow of any kind is rare around here. Yesterday we booked our annual trip to the snow. We're staying in the same cabin we went to last year, which is perfect because there's a huge sledding hill right behind it. I get to stay inside and sip hot chocolate with a napping toddler while Dave and the older boys are happily sledding for hours on end. I am not looking forward to the packing, cold hands and feet, and piles of wet clothes, but I do enjoy taking pictures of the kids all bundled up in the snow. It's probably the main reason I go. That and the hot chocolate. Oh, and I just made Russian Refresher Mix, so we'll bring that too.
.
Whenever it rains I sing the Rainy Day Song from Sesame Street to my kids, so I got all excited when I found it online. Get ready to take a trip down memory lane.

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Cool, Hilary!

Boo said...

That is crazy weather! Thank you for the song. I sing it to my kids, too, and Dominic likes to make up silly verses to it. I bet they'll enjoy watching the video. Ah, the memories.