Thursday, June 4, 2015

Ditch day

On the day the three oldest skipped school and went to Magic Mountain, I got an idea. I was so impressed that the three youngest never complained that they couldn't go, and in fact Brennan asked in several of his personal prayers that they would have fun and be safe. So sweet! I decided to surprise them by getting them out of school and going to the beach!

I picked them up around 11:00 (they were so confused, heehee!) with the Suburban full of beach toys. First we tried to go to Avila Beach. I like that beach, but it's always so crowded and hard to find parking that we rarely go there. I thought this would be a perfect day to go, but turns out the Amgen California bike tour was going there that day, and it was packed. Go figure! We stopped by Dave's work to say hello, and then we headed up to Morro Bay.

 First we played at the park at the end of the Embarcadero. 

I was excited to try out my new lens, which I used for most of these (a couple came from my phone). Notice how the background is blurred but not too much, and it has a slightly wider range of focus than the 50mm. This is less of a portrait lens and more of an everyday lens for outings - and it's still nice and small!


After a while we drove over to the rock and played at the beach. It was so nice not to have to hurry back to pick up kids from school and run around to after-school activities. It felt so incredibly free, like we were getting away with something! 


When we got home I gave these two boys much-needed haircuts!


Much better!

No comments: