Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mother's Day and Birthdays

I had a lovely Mother's Day. Our wonderful bishop served all the women a delicious brunch during the last hour of church. Then we got together for dinner at my parents' house. We had Hawaiian haystacks, and it felt perfect outside. Funny thing about this picture: Spencer was the photographer, and it took us about 4 tries to get one with everyone's eyes open. Thank goodness for digital cameras.


Then we celebrated Spencer's 14th birthday! I'll never forget when the hospital food service gave me my first Mother's Day card with my breakfast, the day after he was born. It always seems fitting to share this day with him.


On Spencer's actual birthday (2 days later), we ate grilled shrimp and BBQ ribs, followed by Oreo cupcakes. Then he opened his gift: a new phone! I got a new one also (they were having a big Mother's day sale).

The next day, my sister Kristen had her baby! This was a bit of a surprise, since she was 2 weeks early. Her name is Kate, and she's adorable.

 I took Luke, Levi and Chloe down to see her the next day. Nathan took the rest of them down after school.
  
Notice there are no pictures of Chloe. I thought she'd be so excited, since she LOVES babies. But she wasn't so sure about her, and she cried when I held Kate.

 There's nothing like this in the world! I could have stayed all afternoon, but the natives were getting restless.

I had so much fun holding this baby and taking pictures! It's my favorite hospital activity.

No comments: