Thursday, December 5, 2013

Gearing up for Halloween

The kids were very excited for Halloween, as usual. It's their second favorite holiday. Levi taught Chloe all about trick-or-treating. They went around the backyard collecting "candy" (sticks and leaves).
 

I just love this cute sweater Dave's mom made for Chloe. It was a little big last winter, but it fits great this year.
 


We took the kids to Avila Valley Barn the Friday before we left for Hawaii. We met Dave there after work, and then we went straight to hockey afterwards. It was fun but very crowded. We barely made the last hayride out to the pumpkin patch.


Luke and Levi went there with their preschool the following week. Kristen and Chloe met them down there, and apparently Chloe LOVED it!

I had already bought a few cheap pumpkins from grocery stores, but we let the boys get one from the pumpkin patch. We chose this one for the fun stem.

I had the hardest time getting a picture of Chloe at the pumpkin patch. She was too busy running around. I kept calling her name to look at me, and this is the look she gave me. Don't slow me down, mom!

 The boys, on the other hand, love to get their picture taken!

 
 
 After we got back to the barn, we took
pictures in front of the piles of pumpkins.



 We chilled while the boys did the big hay maze.

I finally got this cute picture of Chloe. She was running around the little hay maze, and she looked up very briefly when I called her name. In case you're wondering, she's holding a bookmark we got at the library earlier in the day. She didn't want to let go of it.

Spencer took this one in the parking lot as we were leaving. I loved the rows of sunflowers between the rows of cars. Then we ran off to hockey.